Friday, October 7, 2011

Currently...

My life can be described and summed up in one word: CHAOS.

I often wonder what in the world God is going to do with me, because I am getting so much experience in such a wide array of things that whatever he uses all of these things for can only be known to him.

For the past 14 months, I was a caseworker for the formerly homeless, trying to help them achieve self-sufficiency and sustain the housing that they currently have through the Section 8 Housing Voucher program.

That job ended due to end of my grant, so I ventured out in a slightly different area.

The past month I have begun working with runaway and homeless youth in a transitional home.

I also just got offered a job working at my church as Administrative Extraordinaire. Not because I'm extraordinarily good, but because I will be working in multiple different areas. Primary area: Student Ministries.

The funniest part about all of this is the fact that 2 months ago I confessed to a group of teenagers and adults from my church while in El Salvador that I can't stand teenagers. And look at me now...working with teenagers. A lot.

God can definitely stretch a person and change directions in a completely different way. That is for sure. But I guess that is what you get when you pray to be challenged. Oh believe me. Definitely challenging. Teenagers. Sheesh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment