Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Big Break

I guess I can't say nothing new ever happens to me...

On Thursday, I was headed to my District Pastoral License Renewal Interview and I was driving on I-696 in Detroit (a 70 mph, 4 lane highway) and I was in a car accident. I am very blessed to have made it out in the shape that I did and I know that God truly had His hand on me. To make a long story short - I was in the far left lane going between 45-55 mph behind a big SUV in congested traffic and suddenly the big SUV swerved out and cut into the 3rd lane...revealing a stopped car. I had about 2-2 1/2 car lengths to stop...needless to say...it didn't happen fast enough.

I came out with no scratches...bruises...just a broken foot. Figured I'd show you some pictures. :-)




Picture #1: waiting in the urgent care...still unsure of the result..



Picture #2: the X-ray. You can see the break between my big toe and 2nd toe.



Picture #3: the shoe I got prior to my awesome cast



Picture #4: My safety orange cast :)




Picture #5: the thumbs up! :)


No more volleyball or bowling for awhile :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment